Content Management System (CMS)Content management systems (CMS) allow users to create and manage website content themselves. This capability puts the power of running your business and, by extension, your website directly in your hands. The days of waiting and relying on others to publish changes to your website are over. This means you can make changes and enhancements to your website at any time, which translates into recognized web activity and improved web presence in search engines.
PERFEXION offers clients content management system capabilities, which puts them in control of what, when, where, and how digital content is developed and published on their website. Our CMS features include:
• User account creation
• Text and image updates on specified pages
• Ability to set a date for when content is to be published
• Photo and photo gallery management
• Ability to have two platforms: Development/Testing and Production (live)
• Backup/disaster recovery
• Flash/slide show console
In addition, with access to WordPress open source web development and CMS, you will have control over your own website to make the changes you want, when you want.
PERFEXION also partners with two third-party CMS providers, Kentico and Sitefinity™, who let you take full advantage of their available features and functionality – all designed to improve the web experience you provide for visitors to your site.
Before you say you’d rather leave this work to the professionals, consider the benefits and reasons why you would use a CMS. They are many.
• No technical expertise required – Regardless of your level of technical expertise, CMS does not require experience in web programming languages or web coding. CMS is easy to use, so you can give access to multiple contributors to your website, and not have to wait for your web design person to make updates.
• You focus on content, not design – Your CMS is intended solely on managing web content, not the actual design of the site. By keeping design and content separate, your marketing team can stay focused on developing content that increases web traffic, converts customers, and improves search engine optimization (SEO) without worrying about how their changes will affect design.
• Control remains in your hands – You control who can create and publish content as well as the review and approval channels through which that content must flow before going live.
• Templates keep the site consistent – A CMS lets you create, customize, and reuse page templates to ensure consistency of functionality and design wherever new content is added.
• You track your website’s performance – Accessible analytics and measurement data ensure you know just how well every page of your website is performing.
If you’re like most companies, you rely on your website to grow your business. A content management system is an effective tool that increases productivity while also helping to manage your website and all your online marketing efforts.
Whether you use PERFEXION’s CMS, WordPress, or one of our recommended third-party CMS providers, call us to learn how CMS can benefit your business. Together we’ll decide the best option for you.
With offices in King of Prussia and Plymouth Meeting, PA, PERFEXION serves clients in all of southeast Pennsylvania, including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Berks counties, as well as in Delaware, New Jersey, and New York.
WordPressWordPress is a highly popular open source software that provides content management system (CMS) functionality so you can easily add, update, and manage your website yourself. Flexibility comes standard with WordPress and its countless available widgets and plugins that make managing your website content as easy or as sophisticated as you want.
Below are just a few of the features and benefits of WordPress:
• Easy content creation and publication –For pages, posts, media, and much more. Work in drafts, schedule posting, see your revisions, and make content secure.
• Governance and management of users – You are in control, so web developers administer your website, while contributors and editors work with the content that gets posted.
• Media management – Drag-and-drop functionality lets you add images and other media to your website quickly and easily.
• Plugins add a multitude of additional features – Make your website feature rich with calendars, forums, social media, and literally thousands more to choose from.
• Search engine optimized – Search engine optimization (SEO) is key for being ranked and found on the internet. WordPress comes optimized for search engines. SEO plugins let you manage your website SEO in even greater depth.
An added benefit with WordPress is the user community support available on virtually any topic, so if you get stuck, support is just a few keystrokes away.
Sitefinity™ Content Management SystemPERFEXION has partnered with Sitefinity to provide clients with website authoring and collaboration capabilities via Sitefinity’s content management system (CMS). This gives you full control over web content creation, editing, approval, and publishing.
The Sitefinity CMS provides a rich toolset that easily enables you to engage visitors on your website and automatically connect them with relevant and informative content personalized around their needs and interests.
Sitefinity is designed to be instantly familiar and user friendly while providing a safe, predictable environment for multiple contributors to collaborate. Numerous features are included out-of-the-box, and additional features can be added using standard ASP.NET technologies.
For example, Sitefinity's page editor makes it easy to create rich, dynamic content by interacting with web-based interfaces. Drag-and-drop functionality using widgets makes building pages a breeze.
Sitefinity’s digital asset management features let you can organize and manage all your digital assets – images, videos, audio files, and more.
Form-builder functionality lets users easily build forms so you gather all the contact information you need when users download a form or complete one on a landing page.
Built-in SEO tools put your marketing team in full control of developing and publishing content that improves the search engine ranking of your website.
And Sitefinity lets you adapt your current website to any device with responsive design features, which means you don't need a mobile-version of your website to be mobile friendly.
For a complete list of Sitefinity’s CMS web content management platform features, click here.
Kentico Content Management SystemPERFEXION has joined forces with Kentico, provider of complete content management system (CMS) solutions for any and every type of website – corporate, e-commerce with online stores, intranet, and community.
Kentico provides web content management in its ASP.NET content management system for easy page management and multisite functionality via a single user interface. In Kentico’s own words, they help you “develop mobile-ready sites to create the ultimate web experience, and run your business globally.”
Kentico boasts more out-of-the-box functionality than any other CMS vendor, and offers the following benefits:
• Page management that is fast and easy – Forget coding and predefined pages. With Kentico’s page templates and easily customizable forms, you can create your website any way you like and to meet all your web content and online marketing needs.
• Web design remains separate from web content – Developers can concentrate on layout and functionality while content writers/editors can remain focused solely on content creation, editing, and publishing. Fields can be added, modified, and deleted as needed.
• Your website is mobile ready – Responsive design means you create your website just once and it will adapt to a variety of devices and screen sizes, regardless of how it is being viewed. Kentico’s mobile preview option lets you preview how your website will appear on different screen sizes, so you can adjust content if necessary – a real time saver.
• Unified brand experience – Page templates, responsive design, and support for multiple languages allow your brand to appear consistently across all types of devices and marketing channels, making for a singular user brand experience.
• Ability to build active, engaged communities – Users and customers engage through social media, blogs, groups, and forums. Use these brand advocates to gain insight, build your company’s reputation, and secure qualified leads.
For a complete list of Kentico’s web content management features, click here.