Voice Over Internet Protocol Service – VoIPVoice over Internet Protocol – VoIP – phone service allows businesses to leverage quality internet connections for phone service or, more correctly, internet telephony or internet calling. VoIP calling is significantly less expensive than making phone calls through a traditional analog phone system. In many cases, calls can be free as they are made over the internet and can be made through a computer or mobile device.
In addition, VoIP is well suited for additional features that enhance communication between employees, and with customers. Phones made specifically for use over a VoIP connection allow users to receive calls wherever they are, which means you can work from any location with an internet connection.
Unlike traditional phone service (PRI/POTS lines), VoIP lets you customize your calling solution to meet your needs. Whether you want flexibility and cost savings; or business continuity, disaster recovery, or customized calling plans, VoIP may be a good solution for your business.
• No more concerns about unreliable PRI and POTS lines
• Monthly phone service cost savings can be significant
• Availability of customized calling plans versus one-size-fits-all service
• Service is scalable to support on-demand business growth
• Failover options and virtual connections make VoIP highly reliable
• Security with QoS routers and monitoring